SVdP Diocesan Council
The Diocesan Council is the St. Vincent de Paul organization supporting and coordinating the work of all the Conferences of St. Vincent de Paul in the Columbus, Ohio Diocese. Council membership comes from members of the conferences. The sixty-two currently active conferences are organized into nine District Councils.
We are located in the Diocesan office building at 197 E. Gay St. Columbus, Ohio, 43215. Contact us:
By phone: 614-221-3554
By email: Executive Secretary, Pat Summers firstname.lastname@example.org
Council President, Warren Wright email@example.com
The Diocesan Council helps Conferences address the needs of the poor. The Council provides:
Gatherings for spiritual growth and friendship
- April: Top Hat Award Mass and Dinner,
- August: Sunday of Recollection
- September: Friends of the Poor Walk/Run
- December: the Bishop’s Appreciation Mass.
Training for members,
- January: Bridges out of Poverty Construct Training cohosted with Mount Carmel Health System
- January and October (typically): Ozanam Training for new members of our Conferences
- November: Presidents’ Training
Support and counsel for conferences, which includes:
Voice of the Poor the legislative advocacy activity focused on issues impacting our neighbors who are living in poverty
- Diocesan Council Web Site
- Voice of the Poor the legislative advocacy activity focused on issues impacting our neighbors who are living in poverty
Special Works of the Council
- Bishop Griffin Resource Center is a food pantry and social service center serving our neighbors living in poverty on Columbus' far East side.
- Housing Facilities in Newark OH include a men’s shelter with a food pantry and thrift store.
- St. Lawrence Haven, serving the hungry with a sack lunch five days a week.
- The Saturday Food Program delivering food to homebound and other needy families.
- Clothing Distribution Center providing free clothing for the most needy of people.
- Funeral Fund, offering a supportive donation for those who die with no means for burial.
The Diocesan Council differs from the Conferences because we have no Fifth Sunday collections. We rely on the conferences, and occasional grants for funding. Volunteers from the conferences provide staffing for our ministries.
Diocesan Vincentians serve on the Council Board. Current board membership is:
Diocesan Council Officers:
- President: Warren Wright
- Vice-President: Deb Zabloudil
- Secretary: Pat Summers
- Treasurer: Janet Jobko
- Past President: Bill Sparks
- At Large: Jody Stahr
- Spiritual Advisor: Fr. Charles Klinger
District Council Presidents:
- East: Bill Heinmiller
- East Rural: John Harsh
- East Southeast: Ed Weber
- North Central: Jerry Nieman
- North Northwest: Gail Page
- North Northeast: Nancy Thatcher
- South Rural: JJ Pauls
- South Southwest: Lucy Hackman
- Inner City: Tony Jones
- Ozanam Orientation: Maureen Meck
Voice of the Poor: Warren Wright
- Youth: William and Jennifer Matson
- 2019 Friends of the Poor Walk/Run: Jim Williams
- Publicity: Diane Keller Smith/Angela Ray
- Executive Secretary: Pat Summers
- Systemic Change Support: Linda Pelino
- Manager of St. Lawrence Haven & the Clothing Distribution Center: Heather Swiger