LEAF (Listening, Encouraging, and Accompanying Families of the Incarcerated) is a resource and referral ministry that offers a community of compassion, caring, and support to families and loved ones of the incarcerated, irrespective of faith affiliation.
LEAF began in the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland in 2014 and later expanded to Columbus. While ARCH (Accompanying Returning Citizens with Hope) aims to minister to the needs of the formerly incarcerated (returning citizens), LEAF is focused towards aiding the families and loved ones of these returning citizens.
LEAF Ministry Provides:
- A resource referral ministry offering support
- Comfort and fellowship as we bring together families and friends of the incarcerated
- Our meetings and website offer resources and answers to address the difficulties you are experiencing
- Through personal contact and a network of existing resources, we direct you to people, agencies and organizations that can help.
- Meetings are confidential, and there is no cost to you.
- All are welcome regardless of faith affiliation. Childcare may be available - depending on location. Please inquire for more information.
The www.leafministry.org site is managed by the Cleveland Diocese and has a compiled a vast array of valuable resources, information, and toolkits designed to assist families and those impacted by incarceration, like what do to in the "First Days" as well as Coping Strategies and how to Strengthen Bonds and Create Connections for children with an incarcerated parent.
Central Ohio LEAF Meetings & Locations
We currently are holding LEAF meetings at St. John Neumann Catholic Church, 9633 State Route 37, Sunbury, OH 43074 on the 2nd Sunday of each month at 4pm in the Faith and Family Center (classroom 9). These meetings are also on our ARCH calendar of events.
For details on LEAF meetings that occur in the Cleveland area, please visit www.leafministry.org
Starting a LEAF Meeting in Central Ohio
ARCH has trainers available to help parishes who want to start a local LEAF group.
For more information, please contact the Office for Social Concerns at email@example.com or call 614-241-2540. You may also ask to be placed on our contact list so you can be notified if additional LEAF locations are formed in the Central Ohio area.