Getting Ahead Workshops
Getting Ahead is a sixteen-week class for hard-working, under-resourced people to help them to
expand their available options for the future story of their choosing.
During each class, participants, called Investigators
- Look at their current situation and the community issues affecting banking, housing, jobs and transportation.
- Build on their available resources.
- Begin to define their future story.
- Learn concepts and tools that help them and their community.
Getting Ahead Investigators
- Want to improve their current life circumstances.
- May have tried before on their own and have not yet been successful.
- Are willing to work with trained facilitators and organizations.
- Participate in all 16 workshops and make up work if a session is missed.
The Getting Ahead Workshop Experience
- A group of six to twelve investigators meet weekly with their facilitators. Each workshop lasts for three hours, including a one-hour community meal and a two-hour investigation session.
- The Getting Ahead book and all necessary course materials are provided.
- The community meal is provided.
- A $25 gift card is awarded to investigators for their work at each session.
Begins on May 6, 2019 for 17 weeks*
Meets on Monday afternoons (exact time to be determined)
Franklinton Urban Empowerment Lab (FUEL)
1091 West Broad Street Columbus, OH 43222
*There is no meeting on Memorial Day