ARCH is focused on helping individuals active in ministering to the incarcerated, individuals interested in reentry ministry, and those who have been directly impacted by the criminal justice system within a parish to 1) link with one another, 2) develop a shared understanding of the needs and assets within their local parish, and 3) build an ARCH team in the parish focused on leveraging the gifts and talents of the parish for reentry and/or family support. ARCH may be then be moved to the deanery level or even formed initially at the deanery level.
An ARCH team may focus on one or more of the following:
1) Accompaniment -- ARCH will provide training, linkage, and ongoing support for people willing to volunteer to accompany and support people coming out of incarceration with partners like Kindway EMBARK, Alvis 180 and LifeBuilders.
2) Family Support Group – ARCH provides training and support for parish leaders interested in building a peer support group for families who have loved ones incarcerated.
3) Business Alliance – ARCH is forming a business alliance to help educate, provide resources, and equip business leaders interested in learning more about how they can help offer employment opportunities for the incarcerated.
4) Direct Needs – ARCH will assist parishes who are interested in organizing outreach projects like collecting goods to meet the tangible needs of people returning home from prison or jail such as winter coats, personal hygiene items, house warming baskets, etc.
5) Education – ARCH will help parishes better understand reentry and returning citizens by providing speakers that can share about ARCH with ministry groups or other interested persons. Consider contacting us for adult faith formation, special events, or a retreat at your parish.